Friday, June 18, 2010

Updates on Megan and myself

Megan went to her fourth obedience class last night. I think she's starting to look forward to it. She seemed pretty excited once we got out of the car. She is learning really fast and loves it. Last night the class did four forms of recall (toy, multiple treat, hide-and-seek and come and run) Megan was assigned come and run and did really well. She even got "points" for being cute and bouncy. We are working independently on shake, roll over and sit pretty. She just about has these down and we'll need to start working on something else. She is getting better about not barking at people. She still drools a lot in the car, but she doesn't start frothing the moment she gets in. Perhaps she will always be a big drooler on car rides and I guess that's not so bad. I did actually get her on the scale at the vet and she weighs 65 pounds! I'm really trying to cut back on treats and have bought her a better food to start soon. Trying to be more diligent about the exercise too although I'm afraid that falls mostly to Pam these days. Tonight we are dropping her off at a kennel and picking her up on Monday evening. We are going on a trip to northern Wisconsin with my brother in law and his son to go rock collecting. This is a father's day gift for the bil. I'm a little nervous about leaving Megan for so long. I haven't boarded her since we adopted her in January. This is the same place she went to daycare so it won't be totally unfamiliar to her. I am glad I don't have kids because it is hard enough for me to leave a dog behind!  There is a big storm coming and she is terrified of storms so I hope she won't be too scared at the kennel.

My update is that I have to have knee surgery at the end of July. It started bothering me in March and I've been under the care of a physical therapist in hopes of fixing it non-surgically. It's getting worse which is why Pam has to do most of the walking with Megan. I have high hopes that I will be able to return to my normal active self within a month after surgery. It's too bad that the injury had to be during the summer when I am usually most active.

No comments:

Post a Comment