Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Improvement

Well, there have been no more housebreaking issues since my last update.

Here are what I think are the two main reasons:

1. An actual walk in the morning as opposed to a short romp in the backyard
2. No more human food

I am very pleased with Megan's progress. I have almost trained her to do Down. This is something that has been difficult for me with any dog in the past. She also knows rollover. One thing that I have trained her to do which I am rather ambivalent about is Up. She will stand on her hind legs and put her front paws on my chest. I think what I have done is channel this natural behavior into something she does on command. She doesn't really spontaneously jump on me anymore but rather waits for me to tell her to do it.

Basic obedience classes start in about a month. I think they will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment