Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Megan's new trick

Going on a month with Megan now. It's hard to believe! It has been a struggle leaving in the morning. Usually just telling her to stay works but if we forget, doG help me! We have a mudroom that connects our house to the garage. Today she ran out the backdoor and plopped down in front of the door into the garage. When we told her she had to go in the house, she rolled over onto her back and presented us with her belly. For a while,we didn't think we'd be able to get her to move. She weighs 55 pounds, so we could pick her up if we absolutely had to but we'd rather not. Eventually she did go back in the house and jump into "the chair formerly known as my chair". I wish I could make this easier on everybody!

Other new tricks:

1) Opening the dog food bin. We had to close it with a twisty tie. Suppose it's a matter of time before she figures out how to work that, right?
2) coat-eating. Well, not really, but she goes absolutely wild over the fur trim on the hood of Pam's coat. I found this out late one night when I heard a terrible racket. When I went to investigate I found the chair on which Pam had put her coat was knocked over and there were little tufts of fur strewn about. The damage wasn't noticeable but I guess we know better now.


Having a smart dog is both a blessing and a curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment